Monday 10 August 2015

One woman's trash is another woman's treasure!!

Growing up in Dublin I always felt frustrated that when I was heading off out to hit the town, scrubbed up to the nines in my river island dress that I would so often see 3 or 4 girls dressed exactly the same! I'm sure you have all shared this same frustration at one time or another!!


 

I wanted to be able to go out knowing I wasn't going to have an awkward encounter with another girl or make that two! Oh and god forbid you were to be caught dead in an outfit that someone else had already worn the week before, so I started to seek beyond the high street stores of the city. Doing so was the best thing I could have ever done for my wardrobe. When my mam & aunties wardrobes had been looted and their old Karen Milan treasures recycled, I began an endless love affair with websites such as etsy and my all time favourite, eBay!! 






It's simple really!! All you have to do is pop the word vintage before the item you're looking for, example: Vintage trophy dress (heavy beading) or Vintage bodycon dress and BINGO, you'll have enough options to last you a life time and at super cheap prices too!! I will say though, that you'll need two things when shopping on sites like eBay and that is patience and imagination!! You may not come across that dream dress you were hoping for on the first couple of pages but have faith. Also you need to visualise the outfit on and how you would style it. We all know that clothes look better on accompanied with the right accessories and a pair of killer heels!!




Originality is something that is refreshing to see in a person so don't be afraid to try something other than what's on the mannequin in shop windows!! I've always loved being 'too glam to give a damn' on a night out and live by the Oscar Wilde quote "You can never be overdressed or overeducated" Here are just a few of my vintage numbers that I've worn over the past year....  

Happy shopping guys!!

Ashley x





















No comments:

Post a Comment